IIM Bangalore’s International business summit Vista 2018 presents Back to the Futures in association with Networth sponsored by HDFC Bank.
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims):
- The preliminary round is designed to test the team’s knowledge of basic finance concepts including options and general awareness.
- This round will consist of around 30 questions to be attempted online at a pre-announced time. The time allotted for this round will be 30 minutes. The quiz will go live at 9PM on 27thAugust.
- The final round will consist of 2 phases, and will relate to the time frame of 28thAugust to 14thSeptemeber. In the first phase, the relevant data will be provided for the first 10 days, and the closing price of Nifty on 6thSeptember is to be predicted (along with decisions on options positions and rationale). In the second phase, the relevant data for the next 10 days will be given, and the closing price of Nifty on 16thSeptember is to be predicted (along with decisions on options positions and rationale).
The round will be conducted on a time-bound basis, set on an online Google form. 30 minutes will be allotted for each phase.
1) Each team must consist of 2 or 3 members.
2) The first round will consist of an online quiz, to be attempted on a floated Google form floated at the mentioned time.
1) The final round will consist of 2 phases, and will be conducted on a time-bound basis, set on an online Google form.
2) Each phase will be of 30 minutes.
3) At the beginning of each phase, you will receive a mail containing two files (index data for 15 days and market scenarios) along with the google form link where you will be required to fill up the relevant details.
4) In first phase, you will be given 20 lots. You can take maximum position of 10 lots in futures & 10 lots in options. For example: You can buy/sell 5 lots of futures. You can also buy call of Strike X – 2 lots, sell call of Strike Y- 3 lots, buy put of Strike Z- 2 lots and sell put of Strike W- 3 lots. So, in total, you can take maximum of 10 lots in options. Each lot is worth 50 units.
5) At the end of 30 minutes, the Google form link will be de-activated and no further entry will be allowed after that.
6) The closing price of Nifty Index will be calculated as follows:
7) The profit & loss for the futures will calculated using the following formula:
8) The price determined from the previous point will only be used to compute the profit & loss for that phase. The second phase will contain fresh data points which you all should use to do analysis.
9) You are also supposed to give rationale for your decision. Each correct rationale will increase your profits of that phase by 10%.
10) Similarly, for next phase you will receive a mail containing two files along with the google form link where you will be required to fill up the relevant details and your rationale. You will be given 50 lots and can take maximum position of 25 lots in futures & 25 lots in options. Each lot is equal to 50 units.
11) The closing price at the end of phase two would be calculated using the same process as mentioned in point 6.
12) The closing price predicted by you should be within 3% of the previous day closing price. Else your solution will not be accepted.
13) The team with the highest number of points from both the rounds combined will be the winner of the competition.
- The google doc consisting of questions will be floated at 10PM on 27thAugust. The questions are in MCQ format.
- Each team must submit the form by 10.30PM The Google Doc will stop accepting submissions at 10:35PM
- At the beginning of each phase, you will receive a mail containing two files (index data for 15 days and market scenarios) along with the google form link where you will be required to fill up the relevant details.
- The mail containing phase 1 data and details along with google form link would be sent to you via email at 10:00 pm and for phase 2 by 10:35 pm. If by any chance you do not receive the email, please contact us immediately.
For each phase, at the end of 30 minutes (10:30PM for Phase 1 and 11:05PM for Phase 2), the Google form link will be de-activated and no further entry will be allowed after that.
Total Prizes of 10K at stake for grab!