IIM Bangalore’s International business summit Vista 2018 presents Trojan Horse in association with Consulting Club sponsored by Strategy&. The event gives you the chance to slip into the shoes of a head honcho and make decisions that could spell unmatched success, financial ruin, and everything-else-in-between, of your business.
It’s a multi-stage event that will test your ability to generate valuable insights and stick to your guns in the face of intense competitive pressures.
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims)
Online/email submission outlining solutions to the questions mentioned in the case.
- Round 1 is an elimination round
- The case for Round 1 will be accessible from 14th August 2018 after you have successfully registered for the event. The participating team would get the case as soon as they register for the event.
- Participants are required to submit a PPT, which can have a maximum of 5 slides. These slides should give the flow of strategy to achieve the objective outlined in the case. Be sure to mention critical elements concisely.
- Send the PPTnamed as <TeamName>_<CollegeName>to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6 Teams will be selected for Round 2
Round 2 (On-campus Finals)
This will be an on-campus round, held in IIM Bangalore. Teams are required to prepare a power-point presentation (max. 10 slides) for this event and will be called to present their case before a panel of judges. The winner and runners-up will be decided by the panel of judges.
Criteria for evaluation and the time limit for the same will be made known in due course.
1. Each team can comprise of a minimum of 2, and a maximum of 3 participants
2. All participants must belong to the same institute
3. An institute can have any number of teams participating. However, if a team member is found participating as a part of more than one team, all such teams shall be disqualified
4. The decisions of the organizers will be final and binding on all participants
5. Participants are required to go through the following Terms & Conditions
before registering for the event
– Information provided in the case is the sole intellectual property of IIMB and is provided to the participating teams solely for academic purposes
– Teams will not use information provided in the case for any commercial or non-commercial purposes, whatsoever. Accordingly, teams shall not have any recourse whatsoever
– Teams shall ensure that the work submitted by them is an original work, and does not infringe on any third party rights whatsoever. In the event of any infringement claims, the respective teams would be liable to be disqualified, and any award (whether monetary or otherwise) or recognition conferred upon them shall be liable to be returned / withdrawn forthwith, as the case may be
6. Teams shall ensure that the work submitted by them does not:
– Include offensive or obscene language
– Use excessive / gratuitous violence, or use sexual images
– Show disrespect towards personal, political and spiritual values, or contain offensive material / remarks on race, gender or religious beliefs
– Contravene ethical or moral standards
7. We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. By registering for the event, all participants will be deemed to have accepted the rules and any other requirements set out in the competition material, and will be bound by them
8. Teams do not reserve the right to use, sell or transfer information presented in the case to any other organization / institution before, during or after the duration of the event.
9.Decisions taken by the panel of judges will be final and binding.
1st round submission deadline – 25th August,2018 – results by 31st August, 2018
2nd round – on IIM Bangalore campus – during Vista, 2018 (14th – 16th September, 2018)
Total prizes worth INR45K at stake!
Mudit Verma, email@example.com, 9444357510
Abhinav Jain, firstname.lastname@example.org, 9899041603