As Michael Hyatt said “Marketing is really just about sharing your passion”. For all you passionate marketers, IIM Bangalore’s International business summit Vista 2018 presents MarkGuru in association with Mash. MarkGuru is a marketing case competition that will test your ability to make strategic decisions given the boundaries set in place. Further details will be updated on the website, and our social handles, so do keep tuning in.
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims)
Round 1 is an elimination round
Problem statement / case for Round 1 will be accessible from 12th Aug after you have successfully registered for the event
Participants are required to submit a 10-slide PPT and should cover all the deliverables mentioned in the case
The 10 slides will include title slide, appendix etc. In no way, the presentation should exceed the 10 slide limit
The results of this round will be announced 10-12 days before Vista (exact date will be communicated)
6 teams will be shortlisted for Round 2 to be conducted at IIM B during Vista
Round 2 (On-campus Finals)
The shortlisted teams can work further on their marketing plans & make modifications (if required) in the previously submitted PPT
On the day of the final presentation, one or two case conditions will be changed by the panel and participants will have to respond to the new constraint by creating an additional slide on the spot. Teams will be given additional time to prepare this slide
The teams would be required to make a presentation to an elite panel of judges during Vista
The teams would be allowed 10 minutes for presenting their plan, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A.
- Each team can have maximum 4 participants and minimum 2 participants
- Multiple teams from the same college are allowed
- All the participants may or may not belong to the same institute
- A student cannot be part of more than one team
- The participants must carefully read through and agree to the following Terms & Conditions before registering: All decisions in matters of eligibility, authenticity and final judgments will be with organising committee of Vista and MaSh, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
The format and structure of events is subject to change before the actual beginning of the event
Round 1 (Pre Vista Prelims)
- Submission to be sent to email@example.com
- Submissions to be sent on or before 26th August
- Subject line of the email: MARKGURU_‹Team Name›_Round 1
- Submission format: .ppt/.pptx (only 10 slides)
- Body of Email: Name, Contact Number, Email Id, Institute name of each team member
- Filename :‹Team Name›_MARKGURU_Round 1
Round 2 (On-campus Finals)
- Details will follow after Round 1 results are announced.
Total Prizes of 45K at stake for grab!