So, what exactly is strategy? Some say it’s a set of choices and trade-offs that are to be made, while others say it’s a system of activities that allows businesses to deliver their value propositions… but ultimately, it boils down to figuring out what to do, and then going out and getting it done!
ICON – The Consulting Club, in collaboration with Vista, presents Trojan Horse, which gives you the chance to slip into the shoes of a head honcho and make decisions that could spell unmatched success, financial ruin, and everything-else-in-between, of your business. It’s a multi-stage event that will test your ability to generate valuable insights and stick to your guns in the face of intense competitive pressures.
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims)
Online/email submission outlining solutions to the questions mentioned in the case.
- Round 1 is an elimination round
- The case for Round 1 will be accessible from 15th August 2017 after you have successfully registered for the event. An email will be sent to registered teams once the case is uploaded
- Participants are required to submit one page write up in MS-Word/PDF format (template will be provided) regarding the questions asked. Questions will be announced at the time of case launch
Round 2 (On-campus Finals)
Online / email submission outlining solutions to the questions mentioned in the case.
- Round 2 is an elimination round
- The questions for Round 2 will be accessible after round 1 results
- Participants are required to submit a PPT, which can have a maximum of 5 slides. These slides should give the flow of strategy to achieve the objective outlined in the case. Be sure to mention critical elements concisely.
- 6 Teams will be selected for Round 3
This will be an on-campus round, held in IIM Bangalore. Teams are required to prepare a powerpoint presentation (max. 10 slides) for this event and will be called to present their case before a panel of judges. The winner and runners up will be decided by the panel of judges.
Criteria for evaluation and the time limit for the same will be made known in due course.
- Each team can comprise of a minimum of 2, and a maximum of 3 participants
- All participants must belong to the same institute
- An institute can have any number of teams participating. However, if a team member is found participating as a part of more than one team, all such teams shall be disqualified
- The decisions of the organizers will be final and binding on all participants
- Participants are required to go through the following Terms & Conditions before registering for the event:
- Information provided in the case is the sole intellectual property of IIMB and is provided to the participating teams solely for academic purposes
- Teams will not use information provided in the case for any commercial or non-commercial purposes, whatsoever. Accordingly, teams shall not have any recourse whatsoever
- Teams shall ensure that the work submitted by them is an original work, and does not infringe on any third party rights whatsoever. In the event of any infringement claims, the respective teams would be liable to be disqualified, and any award (whether monetary or otherwise) or recognition conferred upon them shall be liable to be returned / withdrawn forthwith, as the case may be
- Teams shall ensure that the work submitted by them does not:
- Include offensive or obscene language
- Use excessive / gratuitous violence, or use sexual images
- Show disrespect towards personal, political and spiritual values, or contain offensive material / remarks on race, gender or religious beliefs
- Contravene ethical or moral standards
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. By registering for the event, all participants will be deemed to have accepted the rules and any other requirements set out in the competition material, and will be bound by them
- Teams do not reserve the right to use, sell or transfer information presented in the case to any other organization / institution before, during or after the duration of the event.
- Decisions taken by the panel of judges will be final and binding.
- 1st round submission deadline – 29th August,2017 – results by 4th September, 2017
- 2nd round submission deadline – 7th September, 2017 – results by 10th September, 2017
- 3rd round – on IIM Bangalore campus – during Vista, 2017 (22nd – 24th September, 2017)
- Aakash Ghosh – 8953454016 (email@example.com)
- Vivek Sidana – 9986553533 (firstname.lastname@example.org)