76% of people (men and women) are gender-biased and tend to think of men as better suited for careers and women as better suited as homemakers – Forbes 2016
From sports to beauty pageants, India is seeing gender barriers being broken in recent times. The names of Dipa Karmakar, PV Sindhu and Sakshi Malik have changed the way sport is perceived in the country; while Rohit Khandelwal who won the Mr. World Beauty Pageant earlier this year, has created history in the space of fashion.
Unfortunately, the corporate world is yet to see this kind of disruptive change. The refrain of significant differences in the gender ratios from the entry to top levels of management continues to exist even today.
Women In Management in association with FII brings the 4th edition of Impetus, a case competition that explores the unconscious bias women face in the context of India’s corporates. With increasing success in the previous editions, the theme for this edition is “Unconscious bias towards women in workplace”. The questions we seek to explore through this case competition are the drivers behind this shocking trend and possible solutions firms can consider to address the issue.
Deadline for Round 1 submissions: Sunday, 10th September 2017
Prizes Worth: INR 20000Register Now!
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims)
- A caselet with instructions will be provided on Vista website and through mail to the registered participants by Saturday, 26th August 2017.
- Teams need to answer the questions addressed in the caselet and submit an analysis of the case in the form of a Powerpoint presentation.
- Top 10 teams will be shortlisted for Round 2 to be held during Vista at IIM Bangalore.
- Deadline for Round 1 submissions: Sunday, 10th September 2017
Round 2 (On-campus Finals)
- Shortlisted teams will need to detail and present their solutions to a panel of judges followed by Q&A during Vista at IIMB campus.
- Further details will be communicated to shortlisted candidates once Round 1 results are out.
- Each team can have minimum 3 and maximum 4 member (There is no constraint on gender).
- This event is open for both corporate and students (undergraduate and postgraduate).
- Cross-institute teams are allowed.
- A student cannot be part of more than one team.
- Multiple teams from the same college are allowed.
- Teams with students going on exchange programme are welcome to participate as long as there are 2 team members available during Vista.
- Teams should come up with a team name that should appear on the presentations. Names of team members/institutions should not appear on presentations. More details on this can be found in the ‘submission details’ tab.
- The participants must carefully read through and agree to the following Terms & Conditions before registering:
- All decisions in matters of eligibility, authenticity, and final judgments will be with organizing committee of VISTA, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
- The format and structure of events are subject to change before the actual beginning of the event.
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims)
- The main content in the Powerpoint presentation should not exceed 5 slides (i.e, excluding the cover page, table of contents, references, if any; note that table of contents etc are not requirements). Exhibits, if any, should not exceed 3 slides and should be present at the end of the presentation.
- Submission to be sent to email@example.com.
- Submissions to be sent before 23:59:59hours, Saturday, 9th September 2017
- Teams should come up with a team name that is to be quoted in the presentation. Institution names should not appear anywhere in the presentation. Teams that do not adhere to these will be penalized.
- Subject line of the email: Impetus_‹Team Registration ID›_‹Team name›_Round 1
- Body of Email: Team Name, Names of team members, Name of POC, Contact Number, Email Id, Team Registration Id, Institute name of each team member
- Filename: Impetus_‹Team Registration ID›_‹Team Name›_Round 1
- Round 1 results will be announced by Wednesday, 16th Sept 2017.
Round 2 (On-campus Finals)
Details will follow after Round 1 results are announced
Case Location – https://goo.gl/c3BJqy
Milton – 8148745517
Neelaya – 9867553233
|College Name||Team Name||Contact e-mail||Member 1||Member 2||Member 3||Member 4|
|IIM B||Limitlessfirstname.lastname@example.org||Kowsalya M||Shaik Shoeb||Anand Babu K R||Manishankar P|
|IIM B||Juggenautemail@example.com||Saransh Agrawal||Vandana||Richa Parmar||Lakshya Verma|
|R V College of Engineering||Illuminatusfirstname.lastname@example.org||Mohan Kumar||Tanisha Baldev Katara||Ritvik Anand Vedantam|
|IIM B||Redemptionemail@example.com||Bharath Shanker||Malvigha V||Karishma Bhura|
|IIM B||Fusionfirstname.lastname@example.org||Somvanshi Ajinkya P||Shruti Guled||Shikha Jodhani||Kritika Kujur|
|ISB||Nimbo Markeemail@example.com||Meenakshee Sinha||Priyanka Phukan||Kinnari Gilganchi||Sowmya Dasika|
|Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences||Falconsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Yeshaswini N||Reshma K J||Rachit Kumar Gill||Avinash D|
|ISB||Fierce Four||Shaonli_Nath2018@isb.edu||Shaonli Nath||Steffina Lincy||Rashi Khadria||Baishakhi Bhattacharya|
|IIM K||Illuminatiemail@example.com||Amod Tripathi||Nilesh Garg||Shashwata|
|IIM B||WINAfirstname.lastname@example.org||Sukanya P||Swati Nair||Mahelia Ebenezer||Sireesha Gangavarappu|