tGELF Life Challenge
IIM Bangalore, in association with The Global Education & Leadership Foundation (tGELF) presents The Leadership Initiative for Excellence (LIFE) challenge, which has been serving as a platform for young leaders to collaborate and ideate since 2012. The LIFE Challenge, after New Delhi, New York and Singapore now comes to IIM Bangalore, and aims to generate student engagement with large-scale, ambitious project development around the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) designed as a hackathon of 36 hours.
Student teams are expected to design projects to make an impact in the given SDG area – devise impactful projects ranging from campaigns, to technological solutions, on- or offline programmes and social enterprises, guided along the way by mentors.
What’s on offer?
Prizes worth INR 30,000!
That’s not all …
- Entry passes to Global Citizen India’s events.
- Opportunity to win entry passes to attend Pre- Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) to be conducted in 4 metro cities
- Exceptional solutions gain mentorship support & access to the GES to be held in November 2017 (https://www.ges2017.org/)
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims)
- Teams need to address the issue given in the caselet shared.
- The analysis needs to be in the form of a powerpoint presentation – Max. 8-10 slides
Round 2 (On-campus)
- There are 4 SDG problem statements.
- The top 4 entries from each SDG would be invited to the campus, where they would be given an opportunity to merge and work towards the common goal.
- This round which will run for a total of 36 hours, will be interspersed with discussion sessions with mentors, who will guide the teams towards the goal.
- Further details will be shared post Round 1
- The event is open for both students and corporates
- Teams of 2 are to be formed for round 1
- All decisions in matters of eligibility, authenticity and final judgement will be with the organizing committee of Vista, IIM Bangalore & tGELF
- The format and structure of event is subject to change before the event begins.
- Submission to be sent to email@example.com, on or before 23:59:59 hours, 12th September, 2017
- File name to be LIFE_<team name>_round 1
- Submission format to be .ppt/.pptx (Maximum of 10 slides)
- Body of the email to contain name of participants, contact number, email ID, institute name
Chahat Gupta – 9811586045
Gowtham Ravi – 9443998810