Data And Beyond
“Data, I think, is one of the most powerful mechanisms for telling stories. I take a huge pile of data and I try to get it to tell stories.” – Steven Levitt, Co-author of Freaknomics
In a world where everybody is inquisitive for insights, making inferences and strategizing their way to the top, the field of data analytics is gaining prominence quickly.
Show your mettle in a battle of numbers, prediction and accuracy!
Prizes worth INR 60K!
Shortlists for Round 2 announced! Emails have been sent to top 15 teams.
Round 1, Phase 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims):
- Teams must first register on Vista website. Registrations can be done throughout the duration of Round 1 i.e. till 23:59:59 hours, 1st September 2017
- Teams must submit their code on Analytics Vidhya before 23:59:59 hours, 1st September 2017. Multiple submissions can be done and the last submission will be considered to evaluate teams for Round 1, Phase 1
- Shortlist for Round 1, Phase 2 will be announced on 2nd September 2017. Submissions for this round must be sent before 23:59:59 hours, 6th September 2017 to
Round 1, Phase 2 (Pre-Vista Prelims):
- This round will be held from 2nd September 2017 till 23:59:59 hours, on 6th September 2017.
- Models submitted in Round 1, Phase one will be tested on a private Test dataset.
- Top 15 teams from this evaluation will be invited to send the following:
- A PPT explaining the code used for modelling and their strategic reasoning behind their approach
- A CSV containing predictions using the leaderboard dataset
Round 2 (On-Campus Finals):
- 6-8 shortlisted teams will present in front of our panelists during Vista and explain the rationale of their model
- One winner and one runner-up to be declared among the teams.
- This is a team event, with each team consisting of 2 participants. Members of the team can be from different institutes
- This event is open to post-graduate business students only. College IDs of finalists for Round 2 will be verified before the commencement of Round 2 and teams will be disqualified immediately if any discrepancies are found
- Teams are required to first register for the event on the IIMB Vista website. Upon registration, the Team Lead will receive a ticket via email on which a link to ‘Data & Beyond’ contest hosted on Analytics Vidhya will be provided. Participants then need to register on Analytics Vidhya website and sign up for the contest through the link to access the case, submission portal and leaderboard
- Please bookmark the link as this is a private contest available only for teams registering through IIMB Vista website
- Both participants must register for contest individually on our partner website via the link provided in the registration ticket. One team member can form a team on the contest and invite the second member to be a part of the team
- The case will be released on the contest page on 18th August 2017. Participants can begin testing of their models on the platform from 18th August 2017 till 1st September 2017
- Multiple teams from the same college are allowed
- Detailed Rules Document with the Case
- Training dataset (To be used for building the model)
- Leaderboard dataset (To be used by Analytics Vidhya to build the leaderboard)
- Test dataset (To be used by “Data & Beyond” team to shortlist the teams)
- Data dictionary
All these documents will be available for participants from 18th August 2017 onwards on the partner website.
Teams getting the maximum correct predictions on the Test dataset will be shortlisted for the next round.
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims):
- Team must first register on Vista website.
- Starting from 18th August 2017, teams are required to register on partner website to access the case and participate in Round 1.
- Registrations can be done throughout the duration of Round 1 i.e. till: 23:59:59 hours,1st September 2017
- Shortlist for Round 1, Phase 2 will be announced on 2nd September 2017. Submissions for this round must be sent before: 23:59:59 hours,6th September 2017.
- Submissions for Round 1, Phase 2 must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line of Email: DATA&BEYOND_<TeamName>
- Body of Email: Name, Contact Number, Email Id, Team Registration Id, Institute Name of each team member.
- File 1: CSV file containing predictions on the leaderboard dataset which must be named as DATA&BEYOND_<TeamName>.xlsx
- File 2: PowerPoint explaining Code/Steps used for modelling named as DATA&BEYOND_<TeamName>
- Results and round 2 shortlist to be announced on 9th September, 2017.
Round 2 (On-Campus Finals)
- Submissions to be sent before: 23:59:59 hours,20th September 2017
- Submissions to be sent to: email@example.com
- Subject line of Email: DATA&BEYOND_<TeamName>
- Body of Email: Name, Contact Number, Email Id, Team Registration Id, Institute Name of each team member
- Submission format: .ppt/.pptx
- Elaborate instructions would about the presentation would be sent to the shortlisted teams
- Round 1 shortlist would be made on accuracy of the predictions (More details will be provided along with the case)
- Round 2 judging criteria would be communicated to the shortlisted teams later
- The data used is purely fictional and any resemblance to any company is purely coincidental
- Teams to limit themselves to the data provided in the case and any assumptions are to be clearly stated in the slides
Here is the link to register for ‘Data & Beyond’ contest in Analytics Vidhya:
Now, do the following:
First register with the website then register for the contest. Both participants must register for contest individually. One team member can form a team on the contest and invite the second member to be a part of the team. Submissions will be evaluated for the team.
Round 1, Phase 1 Submission deadline: 1st September
Round 1, Phase 2 Submission deadline: 6th September
Shortlists for Round 2 will be announced on 9th September
Team Size: 2 members
Prelims result date: 9th September 2017
Submission Deadline: 23:59:59 hours, 6th September, 2017
Niroshni S: +91 9952828452 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mudit Verma: +91 9444357510 – email@example.com